Saturday, August 25, 2012

There is a time to be born...



It's hard to believe that I will turn 47 yrs old at approximately 8:03 tomorrow, to be exact. Wow! 

Seems I was just 20, or 30, or even 40; where do the decades go? I have been blessed richly in this life, as much, if not more, by the hardships, as the good times. Many folks have come and gone in my life. I am the richer for it.

Even though I am a graduate student, I know far less now than at 20, when I thought I knew everything! My greatest prayer is gratitude; a simple "Thank you" to God for each day, each moment, spent wisely or not--for all things can teach if allowed.

I have learned not to take life so seriously or be as concerned with what others think.  Oh, I have my moments where I do, but they are less and less now. 

We only have so much time on this earth. The older I get, the more I am aware of this. My prayer is to spend it wisely dancing in the fields of the Lord. Let my whole existence be an "Amen"!

2 comments:

Fr. Todd Scull said...

What a lovely meditation, Yossi! I wish you a blessed year and peace and goodness!

Yossi said...

Thanks, Todd!

Peace and all good!