Thursday, April 5, 2012

Christ, hear me!


Funny how Christ seems to reach out and grab you.  Right when I think I am going to Judaism, I find that I need to remain a Christian.  It does not make sense, but it is what it is.


I am a Christian, but not an ordinary one; that is for sure.  I am not sure where I will go, even if only occasionally.  Since I do not do doctrine and dogma, I will have to see about this.


The Episcopal Church makes the most sense, but I do not know.  It seems right up my alley, but it is still missing something. The Lutherans are too negative, but the local congregation has a pastor who reads Borg; so there's hope yet.  The Romans are just too doctrinaire and have a bad liturgy; yet somehow it is still home.  I simply do not know.


Maybe I will spend the Triduum at various churches; perhaps I won't spend it anywhere.  But with it being Holy Week, I feel called to do so. I am just not sure.


But I am sure of one thing: I am a Christian.  I am on the left, but I am still hanging in there.  This is not a head thing as much as a heart thing.  Perhaps I am meant to be a Unitarian Universalist, but I doubt that.  Why is it so much easier for others to find their home and stay there?


So, I wait the Triduum.  I wait it with trepidation, yet relief.  It may not be as joyous this year, but it will be.  I enter the last few days of Holy Week with eyes wide open, as if for the first time.  I make no promises, but it is here that I will stay.

No comments: