Friday, August 26, 2011

L'Chaim! (To Life)

The Yoster at 4 yrs of age

Life is a BLESSING! It is not to be taken for granted. During the last 46 years since my birth on this day, I have seen ups and downs, like anyone else. I have tried to learn from all, realizing that life is what it is at any moment. Underlying the challenging and the good lies That Which Is, the Beloved who upholds. God connects and permeates everything, if one opens ones eyes.

One thing I refuse to do is cave to cynicism and nihilism. Yes, a lot of evil has taken place since August 1965. Living life means staring it all in the face and still, somehow, saying "YES" without denying the existence of the evils. A lot of good has taken place since 1965's Summer as well, all of which bless us.

If I have leaned anything in my life thus far, it's to strive continually for balance, the center, and root myself in the Ancient of Days, my Beloved, in whom I live, move and have my being. It involves continually emptying myself to allow the Lord of the Dance to whirl me into the Divine embrace, alhamdulillah!

So, this anniversary of my birth, I say THANK YOU to my Beloved, my biological parents (Harry and Mary Anne) and my adoptive parents (Carl and Mary, both of blessed memory) for giving me life. And thanks to all those dear folks who have blessed my life as friends and relatives, especially my beloved, Jim.

So dance, dance, DANCE, and radiate the Light!

The Yoster today

No comments: