Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Change of Venue


After much soul searching, have decided to leave the novitiate of the Community of Solitude, Camaldolese. They are a phenomenal expression of the deep prayerful love of Christ and I love them dearly. Actually, I haven't "left," but merely become a Friend of the Community instead of a monk.


It's difficult to put into words, but it came clearly to me earlier that my spiritual rhythm and the cadence of Religious Life as such, were not fully in sync. Now, CoS does not want cookie-cutter Religious and neither do they form them. But even with their flexibility within stability, my call is to deeper hiddeness, meditation, and silence; the Offices and lectio not so much. The wisdom of the latter practices does not escape me, but, rather, pulls me beyond them. Words sometimes do get in the way; ironic that, since I am a writer!


My spiritual father, Hermit John, saw this long ago, but, nevertheless blessed me to explore my vocation with the Community of Solitude, for which I am blessed and grateful. My soul yearns to dance on the wind, while rooted in Jesus Christ. Hermit John has always said that this contemplative has a particular perception of things on this Journey; it seems this sinner needs to allow that to grow organically.


Those of us who are Christians have the same vocation: transformation in Christ, just different ways we're called to manifest it. So, I am simply "Yossi" as always, ever aware how often I miss the mark, yet letting go in the Beloved's embrace...

3 comments:

Stephen Taylor said...

We all have to follow where God leads us. Your discernment was not hasty. Blessings on your journey.

Anonymous said...

Yossi, this is so true and yes you must follow your heart and God will lead you true all this,we are all unique and that is the beauty of true christianity love to you Yossi Jetty

Yossi said...

Blessings of gratitude, Stephen and Jetty. God bless you both...